Animal prints have remained popular since ancient times. it was expensive and considered extraordinary. Hence they were a symbol of wealth and status. Kings and higher class people used to have rugs made from animal skin.
They have displayed animal skin as a symbol of royalty and high status.
Coats made from this kind of unusual fur were worn by members of royal families and elite class of people during olden times.
The difference now in modern times is that we have now adapted animal prints not in the fur form but as print which goes on clothing
Animal print has always garnered attention and has been in fashion for a long time. It displays sophistication, style and versatility. Noticeably, this trend does not seem to fade and is still ruling the fashion world
Celebrities and fashion designers have played a major role in bringing animal print into mainstream fashion. This evergreen trend is loved by all.
Animal prints can be worn anytime, irrespective of the season.
Animal print always garners attention therefore, it is important to pair it up perfectly to look right.
The golden rule to remember while wearing animal print is never dress head to toe with this print. Here, the fashion trend is "less is more" so as to keep the look sophisticated and stylish.
Below are a few tips to dress in Animal Prints
1. An animal print coat can be teamed with a simple tee shirt and denims to add that extra flavor to your style
2. An animal print dress done in a leopard print will look fabulous with black pumps and gold accessories. and if you plan to have an animal print pair of shoes, team it up with a neural colored out fit
3. An animal print scarf which is in a zebra, cheetah or tiger print will garner attention if combined with the right outfit. A beige tweed suit, offset with an animal print scarf and large sun glasses will make heads turn
4. You can always combine animal prints together and this combination, most of the time works wonders.
For example a snake skin pair of shoes with a leopard printed top can have you looking sassy.
5. Accessories in animal print, are a sure way to add that extra oomph in your wardrobe. Hand bags, shoes and sunglasses are ever green
6. Jewelry items and fashion accessories like watch straps, print earrings, bracelets,necklaces, brooches, hair pins, hair bands, earrings and many also work as important pieces to pop your entire look.
7. Animal motifs are also commonly used in embroideries and in jewelry. These pieces can be reserved for special occasions and can add that immediate glamour
Even though animal prints come in various synthetic materials, its always better to choose the natural initiatives and fabrics.
Make sure that the prints are done using natural dyes and chemicals that are not harmful for the environment.
Published by Deccan Herald News Paper. India